Overview and Objectives:
The Child Care program (CASA) is an extended care program offered for St. Matthew’s students. The objective is to provide a “safe harbor” for children whose parents cannot pick them up at dismissal or who need to drop them off earlier than 7:50 a.m. because of their work schedule. Children in the program will be involved in productive formal and informal activities with peers under the direction of caring adults. While a quiet homework area is provided, the program is not academic and directors are not responsible for checking the accuracy or completeness of homework. Students may bring a healthy snack if they would like one.Location:
- Gymnasium - Phone number: 650-343-0331
Every school days, with the exceptions of the:
- The first and second day of school (August 25th & 26th)
- The day before Christmas Break (December 21st)
- The day before Easter Break (April 13th)
- Teacher Appreciation Luncheon (May 12th)
- The last day of school (June 14th)
- Morning - 7:00 A.M. until 7:50 A.M.
- Afternoon dismissal until 6:00 P.M.
- CASA is NOT intended as an after school play-date time. For safety reasons, only children of working parents are eligible for this program. St. Matthew students in grade 1-8 and kindergarten students as follows:
- A.M. 7:00 to 7:50 A.M.
- P.M. Dismissal until 6:00 P.M.
Procedures for Children:
- Students attending CASA will be released from their classroom 15 minutes after dismissal and will report directly to CASA.
- Children may not leave CASA without being signed out by an adult.
- If a younger child needs accompaniment, please make his/her teacher aware in order for arrangements to be made.
- Follow rules and procedures outlined on the Program Contract.
- The emergency form/contract must be completed and returned to the school office before your child/ren can attend CASA. The $10.00 registration fee will be charged on the first billing statement. Do not include it with the Contract.
- Update the emergency form in the school office immediately when there are changes, i.e. phone numbers, authorized persons picking up, etc. The office will then give CASA a copy.
- Do not expect CASA staff to release children to persons not listed on the form or have no ID.
- Children will be released to either parent unless a court order is on file stating otherwise.
- Full-time: Child may attend daily from dismissal time until 6:00 P.M. and in the morning from 7:00 A.M. to 7:50 A.M. for a flat rate of $240.00 per month. If this plan is chosen, there will be no calculation of hours.
- Part-time/Hourly: $8.00 per hour will be charged for children attending part-time or occasionally. Ten to 30 minutes will be billed as a half-hour. Thirty-one to 60 minutes will be billed as a full hour.
- Late Pick-Ups: If your child is not picked up by 6:00 P.M., there is a $1.00 charge for every minute past 6:00 P.M. This is payable IMMEDIATELY upon pick up.
- Charges are calculated bi-monthly and sent home with your child through the classroom. Payment is due within 10 days of receipt of statement or a late charge of $10.00 will be levied. Repeated tardiness of payment will result in non-participation in the program and additional late fees. It is the responsibility of the parents to notify the school office if you do not receive a bill by the second week of the month. Parents sharing custody and splitting payments should work this out independently. Please send your check in the mail (Attn: Kris McEntee) or bring it directly to the school office and placed in the basket marked ‘Kris McEntee’.
- We ask CASA participants to maintain their own records for tax purposes. The tax ID number for CASA is 94-1156803.
- We are happy to sign forms for employer reimbursement. Please send them directly to Kris McEntee.
- Registration fee is $10.00 (to be charged on first billing).
- Keep Emergency Information current in the school office, including all persons authorized to pick up your child.
CASA CONTRACT (click here)