Learn to play the instrument that you've always wanted to play! It’s a lifetime experience!! Our teachers who fulfill the Archdiocesan requirements provide lessons for the following instruments: Piano, Trumpet, Violin, Percussion, Guitar.
When we return to full time in-person instruction and extra-curricular activities resume per the county guidelines we offer the follow instrumental lessons:
- Group lessons: Guitar, Trumpet, Percussion
- Individual lessons: Piano and Violin
- Timing/Dates: Weekly lessons begin in September and end in April. In Instrumental Concert is scheduled for May each year in the school auditorium.
- Instruments: Each student is responsible for obtaining his/her instrument. She/he will need to rent or purchase the instrument by the first class.
- Student Requirements: Class attendance and daily practice is mandatory. Students must bring their instrument and music to every lesson in order to benefit from the instruction!
- Performance Opportunities: Students will be invited to play for school/parish liturgies and local community events during the school year.
- End-of-year Concert/Performances: ALL students will perform in May in the school auditorium. Date to be determined.
St. Matthew will be offering our wonderful instrumental program virtually. Click here for a video which gives an overview of each instructor and their program. In addition, we have provided the instructors names and contact information. You may contact these teachers directly to arrange lessons for your student.
Guitar: Richard Healy email@example.com
Percussion: Brian Andres firstname.lastname@example.org
Piano: Kathleen Nelson email@example.com
Piano: Cynthia Bruni firstname.lastname@example.org
Trumpet: Barry Gilbrech email@example.com
Violin: Elisa Siasoco firstname.lastname@example.org